The history of Collavini began in Rivignano in 1896. Eugenio, the founder, was a supplier of wines for noble families and stores in Udine. Management then passed over to Giovanni, who went through two wars at the end of which there was a boom in trade, while oenology was getting a foothold, giving the wines a quality that had never been known before.
Manlio, Giovanni’s son, was among the very first to bring Friulian wines to the world. He moved the winery from Rivignano to Corno di Rosazzo, where he bought the Zucco-Cuccanea castle.
Today Collavini is a “family-run” limited liability company with the fourth generation that has been well integrated into the business alongside Manlio and his sons, Giovanni and Luigi.